• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unsavory agent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fried

What is the name of your state? Vermont: have several policies with S. Farm; This is in regards to auto policy. Anniversary date is Sept. I pay my preiums quartley. March came to pay my quarterly payment which I did, about 11/2 weeks later I recieved a ck in the mail from S. Farm saying they could not take a partial payment. What partial payment??? Sent in full amount. Went to my agent to see whats up, they stated; "they would check into it". 2 days later I receive a phone call from SF stating my premiun had gone up because they added a friend of mine on my policy, because he drives my car. I go directly down to my agents office,and state they had no right to add someone to my policy w/o my consent or knowledge, at which point my agent pulls out my folder, its contents contain pictures of my home, my friend driving my car. Im outraged. My agent states," he drives your car,so its are policy to list him as a driver. and his name is on your mailbox" . I stated, " If Abe Lincoln was on my mailbox could I collect Death benefits, and you have invaded my privacy, and while you were out spying on people, you should have drove by his home where he lives w/his daughter, and his 2 vehicles. My understanding is they have to reside w/y and have no Ins. of thier own." The next thing that happened was SF cancelled my auto and put me in the system as a "high risk". Well I have no criminal record, good driving record, no claim EVER submitted, because of my friend OR me, was under no INVESTIGATION, OR OTHERWISE. So what was my agent doing following my car around, taking pictures w/o my knowledge or consent, entering my property w/o an invitation? Is this legal? Can my agent act as a "agent/investigator? Isn't this conflict of interest? Invasion of privacy? Add some one to my policy w/o my knowledge or consent? Cancell my policy because I demanded he be taken off my policy? I informed the insurance comissioner, have no idea what they did on there end. I am still upset about being followed around and pictures taken w/o "Probable Cause", and it was my agent who was doing it. Is there recourse I could take, Im sure lawyers don't want to take on a big Ins. Co. for "Invasion of Privacy". But I think his sneaky manners have gotten him "bonuses" for being an such a good agent, all the while using deceitful practices in increasing peoples policies w/o thier knowledge or consent, and most people would not question it because they have no knowledge of Ins. law. What do you think?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">