• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unsigned contract is binding?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

that is why is in arbitration, in general terms in the insurance world , oral/ verbal dont hold any weight. in cases cases where dispute arises from verbals , the black letter law is rule.
Oral contracts can be as legally binding as written contracts - but both oral and written contracts can be challenged. And written contracts amended by oral agreement can also be upheld.

The law functions on facts. Are you comfortable explaining exactly what is going on with you, squadrito?

PayrollHRGuy

that is why is in arbitration, in general terms in the insurance world , oral/ verbal dont hold any weight. in cases cases where dispute arises from verbals , the black letter law is rule.
Now it is insurance? A few minutes ago it was employment-related.

Please tell us what the situation is or I will ask that the thread be closed.

quincy

The thread can remain open. squadrito has not violated any terms or conditions of use for this forum.

LdiJ

Actually the person that you quoted was refering to the fact that getting the needed information from you is like pulling teeth from a bird. You don't seem to care to provide the information requested of you. So, all you are going to get is very general answers.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
As I pointed out to an employee this morning, my university's School of Dental Medicine has chosen not to participate in the university's tuition assistance program. For this (and other) reasons, I am not qualified to pull teeth.

I shall therefore make no efforts to help unless some facts are presented, and I would urge my colleagues to do the same. You don't want to be charged with practicing dentistry without a license.

quincy

It is squadrito’s choice, though, how many details he is willing to disclose on a public forum. We can only provide information based on what we know so obviously the less we know, the more limited will be the information we can provide.

quincy

If he needs confidentiality he needs to employ an attorney that will be bound by privilege.
Even if he doesn’t need confidentiality, he is probably best off speaking to an attorney in his area who can personally review the contract(s) in question. We will be unable to do that here anyway.

PayrollHRGuy

From what he has said I don't think it is a contract. Sound more like a notice from his employer that they wanted and maybe got signed by an employee.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">