• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unsure of What to do...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? Georgia

My mother is in her final says, suffering from a terminal illness.

ON Tuesday, May 30, I sasked my mom who her powers of attorney are and she stated that me and one of my aunts are.

On Wednesday, May 31, I walk into the hospital room to find my mother, who was barely coherent, signing power of attorney over to my aunt solely.

My mother wanted me to find her will a couple of weeks ago and I have not been able to find the updated will.

My questions are: What recourse do I have (I am my mother's only child and she has never been married) with the power of attorney if my aunt decides to sign certain parts of my mom's property and estate over to herself?

IS there any way that I can get a copy of the updated will to have on hand just in case something happens?

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can give.


Senior Member
See an Atty and then be able to prove through the hospital records that your Mom was incapable of making that decision when she did.

Dandy Don

Senior Member
Ask your mom whether she used an attorney to help her draft her will and if she didn't, get her to consult one soon. Get her to explain to you where all her assets are now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential