• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unusual divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xSighingx

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?FL

Well here it is...Been separated since 4/02...3 years or so..I gained RO and permission to leave state w/kids in Mass.4/02..Went to Florida.Husband has warrant for CDV in Mass...and for Violation of RO when he assaulted me trying to take our kids out of my house in 12/03.

I want a divorce. I plan on filing one...and I am at the end of an exhaustive journey of "due dilligence" in finding him.

I have only one question....I want sole, legal, and physical custody of our two boys. I am sure I will get that...

But my question is visitation...I DO believe that our problems should not impact (more than they already have) the relationship between the boys and thier father (once he gets his sh^t straight)..........

How do I go about expressing that to the judge?.....That I want sole, legal, and physical custody......But I am not being selfish.....I WANT the kids to have visitation with their dad...I just want dad to show some initiative..and if he takes the matter to court, I will be more than willing to work out a visitation schedule?

Hell..I haven't heard or seen anything from him in 3+ years....I don't even know if he is alive...

LdiJ

xSighingx said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?FL

Well here it is...Been separated since 4/02...3 years or so..I gained RO and permission to leave state w/kids in Mass.4/02..Went to Florida.Husband has warrant for CDV in Mass...and for Violation of RO when he assaulted me trying to take our kids out of my house in 12/03.

I want a divorce. I plan on filing one...and I am at the end of an exhaustive journey of "due dilligence" in finding him.

I have only one question....I want sole, legal, and physical custody of our two boys. I am sure I will get that...

But my question is visitation...I DO believe that our problems should not impact (more than they already have) the relationship between the boys and thier father (once he gets his sh^t straight)..........

How do I go about expressing that to the judge?.....That I want sole, legal, and physical custody......But I am not being selfish.....I WANT the kids to have visitation with their dad...I just want dad to show some initiative..and if he takes the matter to court, I will be more than willing to work out a visitation schedule?

Hell..I haven't heard or seen anything from him in 3+ years....I don't even know if he is alive...
Since you don't know where he is, the odds are that your divorce is going to end up being done by "service by publication". I don't think you have to get too complicated about visitation. Just put in the paperwork that you want "reasonable visitation", for dad. That way you will have some measure if control if/when he shows an interest in being part of their lives....but he will still have to take it to court if he wants more than what you think is reasonable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">