• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unwanted Visitors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

Thank you for the responses, and yes there is definately more to the story. I won't go into that unless asked .
I will offer an explaination : The reports were all pertaining to the same ongoing suspicious activity which I believe to be organized Dog Fighting, Training and Transporting Fight and "Bait" Dogs. I'm concerned for the Animals that I can hear crying in the night but I am also concerned about the type of people that are involved in this type of activity living in my community. If they have no reguard for the life and suffering of animals then what else are they capable of doing.I would hate to think that Law Enforcement would in any way be trying to cover this up, but if they are then the citizens of this City are in a lot of trouble. Having my idenity exposed is not a good feeling either.
Am I in need of Mental Health services? I'm sure we have all be there at one time or another. Being a person of logicical thinking, my thought on that is that is would be completely insane to believe that this sort of thing could NOT be happening here A sanctuary City with a high population of aggricultural migrant workers, a relaxed aproach to Policing as well as being under staffed, and Animal Services personel that believe the 2 hour training course they took on Dog Fighting now qualifies them as highly trained professionals.
Your calls may have had an impact. Your calls may have led to a police investigation into the dog fighting you reported. If the investigation is an ongoing one, the police will no longer need calls from you.

It is also possible that the police discovered noisy dogs but no dog fighting.

There are, I suppose, other possibilities as well.

Whatever the case, apparently the police do not want you calling their tip line any more to report the same dog fighting complaint. It might be hard to ignore the cries of dogs but I suggest that is what you do.

Good luck.

CdwJava

Cute, however you must have missed something. Dog Fights are a Felony in all 50 States now
While a felony, they still need proof. If you want to go on record with what you saw, that may be sufficient ... provided you are credible as a witness, and/or your observations can be corroborated in some way.

quincy

While a felony, they still need proof. If you want to go on record with what you saw, that may be sufficient ... provided you are credible as a witness, and/or your observations can be corroborated in some way.
It appears with the recent police visit deardarla is on the record now with her complaint - and the complaints appear to be based on sounds and not sights.

It appears that the police have been taking the reports seriously, even to the point of having an animal services supervisor accompany them on their investigation of a report of "animal abuse and blood sport."

Whether the (apparently unfounded) reports are singling out one particular neighborhood family or are selecting random targets, deardarla's calls have clearly upset the police. Police will rarely tell someone not to call. On the contrary, police generally encourage the public to call them if they see, hear or suspect a crime is being committed.

Although I understand xylene's comments and can agree with them, I am afraid the police might have good reason to think deardarla might be in need of mental health services.
If someone reported that they're Mail Carrier was drinking on the Job, would you go out at night to investigate? Both agencys came out in the day during business hours. Nothing going on in the day time. Didn't find any residents at home. Couldn'tgain access to any of the concealed areas or back yards. It's all after dark activity within my ears range. I have numerous digital recordings of the activity. Several Dogs have been found with injuries consistant to Fighting. Residents have lost their beloved family pets . Some were stolen right out of their own yards.
Salinas is a hub for all types of crime. An Agricultural Sanctuaruy City with a constant flow of migrant workers, and tourists. The crime rate here is off the charts. So much so that Homeland Security has been here for the last 3 weeks doing a crime roundup. They have arrested over 40 so far for crimes of murder, human trafficing, drug manufacturing, hit and runs on pedistrians, etc. We have a private Airport, railway , US Interstate 101, and a very busy trucking industry. It wouldn't be logical to assume that Dog Fights don't happen here. The police could get plenty of "probable cause" if they would just cruise through here at night with their windows rolled down.

It appears with the recent police visit deardarla is on the record now with her complaint - and the complaints appear to be based on sounds and not sights.
I do see my neighbor trafficing dogs in and out of his property multipal times a day. If a child was heard screaming in the night, would it not be cause for concern? If you heard someone yelling for help would you just ignore it because you could not see where they were?

quincy

I do see my neighbor trafficing dogs in and out of his property multipal times a day. If a child was heard screaming in the night, would it not be cause for concern? If you heard someone yelling for help would you just ignore it because you could not see where they were?
I would report to the police anything I saw or heard that caused me to think a crime was being committed. Just as you have done.

The police have investigated your reports and are aware of your complaints. There does not seem to be much more you can do.

xylene

Sincerely, I'd consider to move, what you have described is unlikely to change, excpet to get worse.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
Thank you for the responses, and yes there is definately more to the story. I won't go into that unless asked .
I will offer an explaination : The reports were all pertaining to the same ongoing suspicious activity which I believe to be organized Dog Fighting, Training and Transporting Fight and "Bait" Dogs. I'm concerned for the Animals that I can hear crying in the night but I am also concerned about the type of people that are involved in this type of activity living in my community. If they have no reguard for the life and suffering of animals then what else are they capable of doing.I would hate to think that Law Enforcement would in any way be trying to cover this up, but if they are then the citizens of this City are in a lot of trouble. Having my idenity exposed is not a good feeling either.
Am I in need of Mental Health services? I'm sure we have all be there at one time or another. Being a person of logicical thinking, my thought on that is that is would be completely insane to believe that this sort of thing could NOT be happening here A sanctuary City with a high population of aggricultural migrant workers, a relaxed aproach to Policing as well as being under staffed, and Animal Services personel that believe the 2 hour training course they took on Dog Fighting now qualifies them as highly trained professionals.
Well, then. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

quincy

I probably would move also.

Unfortunately, some people are not in a position to easily pack up and move to a more desirable area. I see many in Detroit who are trapped in crime-ridden neighborhoods due to costs and circumstances.

Sincerely, I'd consider to move, what you have described is unlikely to change, excpet to get worse.
I've thought about it. At the moment it's not possible. My husband and I care for his 91 yr. old Mother who will not concider moving so we gave up our home so we could care for her and maintain the property . My Husband grew up in this house and it has been his family home for nearly 70 years. He has talked of selling out when she passes on , but for now we are stuck here. I never imagined the neighborhood changeing like this.

I would report to the police anything I saw or heard that caused me to think a crime was being committed. Just as you have done.

The police have investigated your reports and are aware of your complaints. There does not seem to be much more you can do.
There are times when I tell myself that very thing. And I will say I'm not going to be concerned with it anymore. But then I hear the Dogs screaming in terror again. My mind can only imagin what they must be going through. The photos that are shown on line by the Humane Society and SPCA are horrifying. I can't help but wonder "what type of people do I have living in my own neighborhood" and if they are capable of doing that , what else are they capable of doing. The FBI has a special interest in Animal abusers, and has found that most serial killers started out abusing Animals. It is not right to have to be exposed to this. Don't Citizens have any rights anymore?

quincy

Greek philosopher Heraclitus said: "There is nothing permanent except change."

It is sad when once vibrant neighborhoods are ceded to criminals, however. Some changes are more welcome than others.

I know of a few communities in Detroit where the residents have organized to "take back" their neighborhoods - through neighborhood watches and property cleanup efforts and through the exertion of pressure on city leaders to demolish abandoned homes.

With a large enough group of like-minded residents, neighborhoods can be reclaimed.

Good luck.

Last edited:

CdwJava

There are times when I tell myself that very thing. And I will say I'm not going to be concerned with it anymore. But then I hear the Dogs screaming in terror again. My mind can only imagin what they must be going through. The photos that are shown on line by the Humane Society and SPCA are horrifying. I can't help but wonder "what type of people do I have living in my own neighborhood" and if they are capable of doing that , what else are they capable of doing. The FBI has a special interest in Animal abusers, and has found that most serial killers started out abusing Animals. It is not right to have to be exposed to this. Don't Citizens have any rights anymore?
The thing is, the suspects also have rights. You SHOULD continue to report when you hear something that sounds as if it might be criminal in nature. That does not mean the police can do anything about it. Depending on where the activity is taking place (behind locked gates, in a basement, etc.) the police may not be able to develop any true probable cause other than to justify a consensual contact at the front door and a polite inquiry of the resident.

This may not be a high priority call for the police, so they may not get out there right away even if you do call. Maybe, if they get there and can hear the wails of pain of a dog, they can take some action and may be able to seek a search warrant ... but, it all depends on wht - if anything - is seen or heard.

quincy

The police apparently told deardarla not to call them on the dogs again. I assume that is because the police have taken her past complaints seriously and have investigated (and may still be investigating).

That said, I think deardarla should not hesitate to call the police if the circumstances seem to change enough to warrant another call.

Update

Friday night 6/15/2018 We had a stooting in my neighborhood. A young Man of 21 yrs old has died. The incident is directly related to the Dog activity. I guess it's a high priorty now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">