• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unwanted Visitors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Am I in need of Mental Health services? I'm sure we have all be there at one time or another.
What a strange reaction to such an accusation. I would vehemently deny being in need of mental health services.

Being a person of logicical thinking, my thought on that is that is would be completely insane to believe that this sort of thing could NOT be happening here A sanctuary City with a high population of aggricultural migrant workers...
Oh, now I think I see where you're coming from. You're a racist.

xylene

How is one visited by the police after calling in an anonymous tip?
"Anonymous" tip line. That means they don't insist they you give your name. That doesn't mean they don't have ANI (super unblockable caller ID) and aren't allowed to do a reverse lookup of the number.

quincy

Update

Friday night 6/15/2018 We had a stooting in my neighborhood. A young Man of 21 yrs old has died. The incident is directly related to the Dog activity. I guess it's a high priorty now.
Thank you for the update. It is sad that it took a tragedy for the police to take your dog reports seriously.

Good luck.

CdwJava

How is one visited by the police after calling in an anonymous tip?
Because the call made to the police department was not blocked and the number pops up on the other end?

Not saying it happened, but, I have had a few callers tell us they wished to remain anonymous, yet we knew who they were as a result of the phone number, or the fact that they gave their name or address, or said they lived next door to the a suspect address, etc.

quincy

In this case, several anonymous calls by deardarla were made about the dogs. If she had only made one call, the police probably would not have investigated who the caller was or made a visit to her home.

Zigner

In this case, several anonymous calls by deardarla were made about the dogs. If she had only made one call, the police probably would not have investigated who the caller was or made a visit to her home.
Yes - and the fact that the first contact with the OP was by mental health professionals seems intriguing to me.

quincy

I don't think that was after the first call because the police told her at that time to stop calling.

Zigner

What is the name of your state? California

After placeing several crime reports on an annonamous tip line, I was visited without notice by a County psychiatric Social worker. checking on my well being.
First visit.

I thought it was odd but after several weeks she returned with her Supervisor. Again without notice just appeared at my door. It was quite intimedating. They seemed more concerned with declairing me unstable rather than addressing the actual crime I was reporting. I live in a very high crime area. It would be rediculess to assume that this type of crime was not a possibility here. Yet, That is what they were insisting and even wentas far as to warn me that if I continued my reports , I would be issued a citation!
Second visit.

A third visit un announced again, this time bringing two Police officers and a Animal Services Supervisior.
Third visit - first time that police are present.

What a strange reaction to such an accusation. I would vehemently deny being in need of mental health services.

Oh, now I think I see where you're coming from. You're a racist.
Racisist? I come from a mixed family. My Husband is Hispanic Also. They could have been challenging my span of imagination but you know, when I was a child , I wanted an imaginary friend. I had heard of others having one. I wanted to see what it would be like. But no matter how hard I tried, I just could not make it real enough to convience myself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">