• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unwarranted Eviction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LynetteStarr

In Florida:
Upon landlord's demand, my 2 sons and I moved out of our residence until a new septic system could be installed. It took a total of exactly 4 weeks. I didn't pay rent for that period of time. Upon return, within 1 week, heater stopped working. Temps at night falling to the 30s and 40s and I have two little children. Landlord refused repair. I called A/C Co.. Repair costs $160.00. I feel that should come off of the next month's rent. I now hear from the landlord's wife that he's going to evict me upon his return from up North on Jan. 5. He doesn't even know about the repair bill yet.
We have a month to month agreement. Nothing written. Can he evict me? Any information would be appreciated. Even just to tell me where I can get a copy of the Florida Statutes showing any information on these subjects.
Thank you.

M

Mecoco

FL tenant landlord law/website

Im new here so I hope I'm not stepping on anyones toes by replying.

Here is a website that can answer your questions about FL law regarding Tenant/Landlord issues.

http://www.pirg.org/floridapirg/consumer/renters/rrpage1.htm

Heat is a habitability issue. You can take the landlord to civil court and sue for a rent abatement for the time you lived there in an uninhabital situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">