• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

upc code

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

I would think one would have to be very confused to mix up the two but...

I suppose it’s possible. We’ve seen stranger.
Actually I agree it is unlikely the two would be confused. I was more or less thinking out loud. :)

The barcode prefix identifies the originating company and not the company purchasing the barcode so I am curious why bigdoug48 thinks the name has much value to a company operating their business under a different name.

justalayman

Actually I agree it is unlikely the two would be confused. I was more or less thinking out loud. :)

The barcode prefix identifies the originating company and not the company purchasing the barcode so I am curious why bigdoug48 thinks the name has value to a company operating their business under a different name.
And if bigdoug48 thinks he can transfer the gs1 prefix, there is this:

A GS1 Company Prefix can only be transferred from one company to another if (1) there is a sale of the company's business, (2) there is the sale of a business line of the company, or (3) a company merges with another company.
https://www.gs1us.org/education-training/frequently-asked-questions/update-prefix-registration

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">