• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Update: Ex won't refinance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kracckers

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

My ex spouse begrudgingly agreed to re-finance the auto loan that I co-signed on while we were married. Unfortunately, the bank denied the application and would not agree to refinance in my ex-spouses name only. What do I do now? I willingly signed off on the title to the car after the divorce, believing that I had no interest or responsibility for the vehicle. This was a do it yourself divorce and all papers submitted to the court were completed by my ex-spouse. On the financial disclosure form the loan for the car was listed as my ex-spouses obligation only. Not as a joint obligation. I honestly believed that I no longer had any obligation for this vehicle. Isn't there anything that I can now do? Can my name be put back on the title and the car be sold to pay off the loan?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">