• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Update on Will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? I couldn't find any of my old posts but wanted to post and update.

My uncle passed with no immediate family, two wills one that was unsigned (many copies) and another completed will from 8 years earlier. I had found the first will and submitted it to the court, though it would literally exclude me from any inheritance because my name had been crossed out. My sister told me after one of the hearings that me doing that had shocked the judge speechless. I came on here and was told the judge would most likely accept that signed will with my name crossed out, excluding me from the will. Well, you were right, that's exactly what happened. It's been over 2 years now, I continued to assist the administer of the estate in liquidating the assets because that is what families do.

Well my sister called last night, his estate was a complicated one but it is finally done. The remaining 4 beneficiaries decided to honor the last will he had drawn up but never signed and have done the paperwork to include me in the distribution of assets.

I figured you all would get a kick out of families doing this when most of the time what is on here are families fighting over money. The money is not life-changing but it will enable me to pay off my student loans and have money in savings.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">