• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

update to 'no words to describe'

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

waitinMd

What is the name of your state? md

I am still waiting. She filed a temporary custody order and it was granted under false allegations. My order and hers crossed. The judge is on vacation.
My lawyer said the judge should have never signed the order without a hearing. Now we have to wait until the judge gets back.

How can someone lie like that? She said I threatened to beat her up? I never said that to her! She spoke to me on the phone several times. Would you talk to someone on the phone who threatened to beat you up??

Her order states I am the father, then it says I can have 'supervised' visitation, 'after patternity has been established' for 4 hours once a week.

LdiJ

waitinMd said:
What is the name of your state? md

I am still waiting. She filed a temporary custody order and it was granted under false allegations. My order and hers crossed. The judge is on vacation.
My lawyer said the judge should have never signed the order without a hearing. Now we have to wait until the judge gets back.

How can someone lie like that? She said I threatened to beat her up? I never said that to her! She spoke to me on the phone several times. Would you talk to someone on the phone who threatened to beat you up??

Her order states I am the father, then it says I can have 'supervised' visitation, 'after patternity has been established' for 4 hours once a week.
That is actually pretty normal visitation with an infant....at least to start out with.

nextwife

How can a baby be expected to bond with their father when he is only allowed four lousy little hours a week?

A baby is a baby but once, and for the blink of an eye. It is SOOOOOOO unfair to prevent dad from really getting an opportunity to have his own time with his own baby while they are still a baby. I know I missed my daughter's babyhood, and that is something I will never have a chance again to experience with her. If a parent is there, it's a crime to keep them from getting to be dad to their own kid while they are a baby.

Moms aren't normally required to be "supervised" - any moron can procreate and be allowed to walk out of the hospital unsupervised with a baby as long as she has a working uterus. Why do we treat fathers as some kind of seperate species who are clueless and automatically incapable? Maybe more men would become more emotionally vested in their kid's lives if we didn't allow the "system" to isolate the fathers from any REAL caregiving opportunities comparable to those mom gets.

Last edited:

LdiJ

nextwife said:
How can a baby be expected to bond with their father when he is only allowed four lousy little hours a week?

A baby is a baby but once, and for the blink of an eye. It is SOOOOOOO unfair to prevent dad from really getting an opportunity to have his own time with his own baby while they are still a baby. I know I missed my daughter's babyhood, and that is something I will never have a chance again to experience with her. If a parent is there, it's a crime to keep them from getting to be dad to their own kid while they are a baby.

Moms aren't normally required to be "supervised" - any moron can procreate and be allowed to walk out of the hospital unsupervised with a baby as long as she has a working uterus. Why do we treat fathers as some kind of seperate species who are clueless and automatically incapable? Maybe more men would become more emotionally vested in their kid's lives if we didn't allow the "system" to isolate the fathers from any REAL caregiving opportunities comparable to those mom gets.
Unfortunately, biology and out of wedlock situations create that problem. There is no doubt who mom is....but it takes some time to determine who is dad. Ideally it would be best if the baby could spend time with both mom and dad daily. However, if both parents work, then unless they are willing to spend time with the baby TOGETHER....then its not going to happen.

I also personally think that what is healthiest for the baby is 100 times more important than what is best for either mom or dad. Personally, I think that what judges should order is that mom and dad have to spend time together with the baby, virtually daily....without any influence or interference from anyone else...so that they learn how to co-parent....but that's not gonna happen either.

nextwife

What I REALLY think is best is people making RESPONSIBLE reproductive choices and holding off on babymaking until they are at least in a committed relationship so the BABY is not denied BOTH their parents from birth forward. It's not baby's fault neither parent made sure they didn't create an outside-of-marriage birth. BaBY'S NEED both PARENTS AND HAVING BOTH PARENTS is HEALTHY FOR KIDS. Having both parents is supposed to, and had mostly always been, the norm for society. Being denied almost daily access to their other parent is NOT a historically normal way to raise a child. Four hours a WEEK is crap. Baby's should see both parents virtually every day. And if mom has her own time with baby, why shouldn't dad? In a marriage, both parents take turns caregiving when the other isn't around! Just because the parents skipped the marriage doesn't mean baby should be FORCED to skip getting their own daddy time!

And our poster is NOT talking about PREPATERNITY establishment time, he's talking POST paternity establishment getting 4 hours a week.

LdiJ

nextwife said:
What I REALLY think is best is people making RESPONSIBLE reproductive choices and holding off on babymaking until they are at least in a committed relationship so the BABY is not denied BOTH their parents from birth forward. It's not baby's fault neither parent made sure they didn't create an outside-of-marriage birth. BaBY'S NEED both PARENTS AND HAVING BOTH PARENTS is HEALTHY FOR KIDS. Having both parents is supposed to, and had mostly always been, the norm for society. Being denied almost daily access to their other parent is NOT a historically normal way to raise a child. Four hours a WEEK is crap. Baby's should see both parents virtually every day. And if mom has her own time with baby, why shouldn't dad? In a marriage, both parents take turns caregiving when the other isn't around! Just because the parents skipped the marriage doesn't mean baby should be FORCED to skip getting their own daddy time!

And our poster is NOT talking about PREPATERNITY establishment time, he's talking POST paternity establishment getting 4 hours a week.

I am confused?....its sound like that morally we agree to a great extent....but morally doesn't translate to legally....and isn't this a legal board?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">