• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Robin Hollis

CA - I wanted to give an update on my situation. Brief history, ex owes over $6000.00+ in back child support, he took me to court for a modification in Feb 2001 and won, I closed my case with the DA in Los Angeles to opt for a 'company' that advertised that they here VERY successful in collecting back child support.

Well, from my experience, DO NOT CLOSE your case with your local CSE agency to opt for these businesses that 'claim' to collect back child support for you unless you have a close friend that has used them successfully!

I closed my case with the DA's office because I was told that only one entity could collect at a time. The company that I went with located in Texas, has done NOTHING at all for me or my case. They have requested documents that I sent them originally on several occassions and then berated me for not sending the correct paperwork after I asked for an update a month after they stated that they sent a wage withholding order to my ex's employer, claiming that what I sent was not the proper paperwork. I am totally frustrated at this point, even more than ever before and find that I now have to reopen my case with the DA in order to receive ANY child support at all! I have not received anything since closing my case with the DA and have been told by the DA and the Court Trustee that because I closed my case, all money that is being collected from my ex is going to an old case that he has against him for his adult children, even though my daugher is a minor.

Sorry this is so long but I had to get that off my chest!

No advise necessary, just needed to vent. Thanks for listening.



CSE Agency located in Texas will not give you 100% of all your child support.

Robin Hollis

I am assuming that depending on the state, the CSE agencies may take a fee for collecting support but not all do, California does not. And if you received state assistance, then the CSE agencies take all or most to repay the state for the assistance. It was not the CSE agency that I was "working" with in TX, it was a private company, but they were also going to take a portion of whatever was collected. They have not even attempted to collect anything though. And now several months later, I'm not receiving anything either.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential