• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Upset Over Lis Penden

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

patc47

What is the name of your state? FLORIDA

IN 12/01 I signed a Waiver of Personal Service, Acceptance of Process and Consent to Entry of Final Judgment. The letter said the Waiver would be filed with the Clerk of Court and the Complaint will be presented to the Court for a hearing. I did this along with many other property owners to help get right-of-way access to a block of property that was landlocked. The attorney represented a couple that owned most of the lots and the letter to the rest of the property owners stated in order to try and do this he would have to name the rest of the property owners (that signed this paper) as Defendants in the Complaint. Unfortunately he was not successful. My problem is there is a lis penden on my property now (since 12/01) I didn't know it was there.
I called the atty office that represented this couple back then and ask if he filed anything to release this lis penden off my lot and everbody elses that had signed, and he said that the lis penden was only good for 1 year. But I want it off or released or something. What can I do and is that true it's only good for 1 year?? Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

HomeGuru

patc47 said:
What is the name of your state? FLORIDA

IN 12/01 I signed a Waiver of Personal Service, Acceptance of Process and Consent to Entry of Final Judgment. The letter said the Waiver would be filed with the Clerk of Court and the Complaint will be presented to the Court for a hearing. I did this along with many other property owners to help get right-of-way access to a block of property that was landlocked. The attorney represented a couple that owned most of the lots and the letter to the rest of the property owners stated in order to try and do this he would have to name the rest of the property owners (that signed this paper) as Defendants in the Complaint. Unfortunately he was not successful. My problem is there is a lis penden on my property now (since 12/01) I didn't know it was there.
I called the atty office that represented this couple back then and ask if he filed anything to release this lis penden off my lot and everbody elses that had signed, and he said that the lis penden was only good for 1 year. But I want it off or released or something. What can I do and is that true it's only good for 1 year?? Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

**A: we have no idea. Hire the attorney that you should have hired back in November.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">