• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

URGENT! changed my mind on verbal agrmt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hnlrent

What is the name of your state? Hawaii

I was shown with an unit and i verbally agreed to rent it, worked out with the landlord of the moving date (he asked the previous tenant to move out 5 days before the end of the month so I could move in which was what I suggested him to do). However, I asked to get the contract signed but he said he would do that with me a few days later. A few days later I was not available due to schedule conflict. Anyway, no contract was signed, everything was verbal only except i filled an application. In the meantime, I found a better place and so i told the landlord i am not going to rent it (2 days before the previous tenant scheduled to move out) Now he is saying that I am liable for one month rent. Am I at fault? Do i have to reimburse him LEGALLY? if so, how much? I don't want to reimburse him now and that reimburse will haunt me later claiming that if I was not at fault at the first place I wouldn't be giving him anything to begin with! Thx!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">