• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

urgent help needed for daughter!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.




(Kentucky) where my eldest daughter & grandson reside.

Here's the rundown.

My daughter gave birth to my grandson in the state of
Kentucky in 1996 out of wedlock.

For the first few years, the father did all the correct and
responsible actions in the way of:

1. Providing a home: It was small and modest but he did buy
it when he learned of the pregnancy. He also remodeled the
home, and they (daughter, grandson and father) lived in it
for the past few years.

2. Provided income: I always considered the father to be a
good and steady income earner (electrician's foreman).
Daughter held jobs at various times but his was the main

Now, and within the last few months, things have changed

The father became mentally abusive of my daughter to the
point of driving her and my grandson out of the home.

My daughter has discovered the father had begun seeing
another woman in a neighboring community. This was going on
about the same time the abuse started.

Father purchased a $45,000 brand new pick up truck and
blamed daughter for the sudden financial pinch. (part of
the mental abuse listed above)

Father now provides absolutely zero in the way of support
for his own son.

I've offered to move my daughter and grandson out of
Kentucky to come live with us (her step-mom, half sisters
and myself) but she wants to stay in Kentucky.

At the moment my daughter is completely unable to afford
legal councel. She's also a little bit on the naive side as
far as standing up for herself.

She has told me she doesn't want to do anything that would
create negative feelings between him (the father) and my
grandson. Unfortunately, her give up and give in attitude
isn't doing much to help her with the financial obligations
and responsibilities of raising a child.

My daughter is working full time as a receptionist (not
nearly enough) and depending on in-laws for shelter. She
and grandson now live in a small condo apartment with
daughters grandmother and share one bedroom.

Daughter is not a druggie or boozer and has always been
an outstanding mother to my very bright grandson. She also
needs help very badly now and I think she may be waking up
to reality.

The question I have is this: Is there an information source
for the state of Kentucky that could lead to some kind (any
kind) of legal aide or assistance for my daughter?

Any and all leads/info are greatly appreciated in advance.






your daughter sounds like she is in a pinch. Someone should suggest to her to go to a local domestic violence agency. They have all the information she needs and will help her go on with her life. Even though she doesnt want to move in with you at least the offer is there. Be supportive and let her do it on her time. She will find the courage to move on if she has people who love her keeping in touch and being there for her. As far as the childs relationship with his dad, well he still needs a father. I pray that she will go to this type of agency soon before it gets anyworse. Has she thought of family counciling? That may help too. Hope this gives you some ideas on how to help her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential