• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

US Lawyer that can work in Canada?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sungalaxy

Can you hire a Lawyer In the US to represent you in Canada for a possible lawsuit against your previous employer, or a third party that caused your injuries from a workplace accident?

quincy

Can you hire a Lawyer In the US to represent you in Canada for a possible lawsuit against your previous employer, or a third party that caused your injuries from a workplace accident?
You will need a Canadian lawyer.

Are you residing in Australia now?

zddoodah

I could, but it would be frivolous to do so.

If you're asking whether a "[l]awyer in the US" (which I assume means one that lives and practices in the U.S.) can represent a client in a Canadian court, the answer no, unless that lawyer is also admitted to practice in the applicable Canadian jurisdiction. I feel fairly confident that there are some lawyers who live in states that border Canada who are also admitted to practice in Canadian jurisdictions.

quincy

sungalaxy has another thread with the same legal question. It was locked because this really is not a US law question. sungalaxy needs a lawyer in Canada although s/he was advised to check out international law firms in Australia.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">