• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

USAA... is a deal a deal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AAAAAA

In Texas

11/30/14..... Car accident... Took 2004 car to USAA designated repair shop who sent estimate of 3400 directly to USAA.

12/4/14......USAA authorizes 2900 electronic payment to shop. My deductible is the other 500.

12/9/14...... I find out USSA has cancelled electronic payment and wants to designate my car a total loss with a value of 4100.

Did USAA demonstrate its agreement to repair my vehicle by authorizing the electronic payment to the shop? Can USAA unilaterally cancel said agreement?
My car is worth way more than 4100, so wish to repair it.

Thanks,

AAAAAA

FlyingRon

Did you ask USAA. Very good customer service there especially on auto claims.

Did your shop start the work? I suspect USAA contacted them and cancelled the repair before they just "rescinded the payment."

I suspect if the repairs had not commenced, USAA has the opportunity to change their mind and "total" the car.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
...and I suspect that after the repair process was started, additional damage was found that tipped the scale.

AAAAAA

Thanks for reply guys...Looking for more of a "legal" opinion though. Regardless of their reasons for "buyers remorse" , is there something in contract law that I can quote to them? In answer to your questions. USAA customer service has been terrible on this. Its been dodge and delay for two months now. Yes USAA canceled repair at their affiliated shop when they canceled payment.

FlyingRon

No, not as you stated. There might be if there was some consideration or reliance made which is why I asked several questions to elaborate what's going on that your seem to be too disinclined to to answer.

If that's your attitude, we can't help you further. There's a big yellow book full of people who an help you. Look under L.

AAAAAA

No, not as you stated. There might be if there was some consideration or reliance made which is why I asked several questions to elaborate what's going on that your seem to be too disinclined to to answer.

If that's your attitude, we can't help you further. There's a big yellow book full of people who an help you. Look under L.
Thanks again for your reply. New to message boards. Don't have Facebook, twitter and internet phone, so don't type well. Going for brevity. Thought I answered your questions. I see by your post number you have tried to help people thousands of times for free. Didn't mean to insult you or hurt your feelings.

ecmst12

USAA is not obligated to repair your car just because the initial estimate indicated it was repairable, if it was later revealed to be a total loss.

ecmst12

Even if the repairs had started, they might owe the shop some money for their time, but they're still not obligated to let them complete the repairs if it would not be financially feasible to do so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">