• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

use tax question, please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

WhyNotFab

What is the name of your state? Florida

Im new to sales, and was wondering something. The example is, I have a website and Im going to order 50 stickers that say the web address. I am buying these at a regular public price, nothing wholesale. I will be using some for myself (advertising on my truck) so would this be a tax deduction? also would I have to pay a "use" tax, or is that only applied if I were to get the stickers at a wholesale price to begin with.

I will also sell some.. but some I will give away free with other purchases.. would those also be considered a tax deduction? please fill me in on some use tax info.. im confused!!

anteater

Whether you buy retail or wholesale is not the question with regard to sales/use tax. The question is whether the goods purchased will be for resale or to be used internally. If for resale, then you should be able to present the seller with FL's Annual Resale Certificate so that the seller does not charge you sales tax. If used internally, sales/use tax is owed by you. (Giving the stickers away with other purchases is, to me anyway, a gray area. I would say taxable as essentially advertising, but you can probably call the FL Dept of Revenue and find out.)

http://sun6.dms.state.fl.us/dor/taxes/resale.html

Since you are using the stickers in your business, I do not see any reason that the entire cost, including sales/use tax, would not be deductible.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">