• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Used Car Malfunction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MissK

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania
I brought a used car from D & B Auto sales and the same day it broke down. so i have it towed back to the dealer and they say I abused the car and it needs a whole new engine then the GM says I'm not gonna send it through the warranty because it will cost you money when they see you abused the car then he says I need to bring him 1500 so his mechanic can start to fix the car. I tell him I don't have that then he says its 1500 but since i'm such a nice guy i'll let you pay me 350. so I says thats not right the finance company even tells me I shouldn't have to pay anything but I paid the 350 got the car back and the engine light came on. i bring it to the shop they plug the thing up under the dashboard to get the code that tells them what's wrong and turn the engine light off and says its fix. I get it inspected and the same day the engine light comes on the mechanic i took it to say it won't pass inspection with the light on I told him I know may I still get a full diagnostics done they do that and the car needs a whole new transmission rebuilt and other things they told me all the codes that the dealership has been disregarding. So here are the 3 options he gave me and I think I have the right to a full refund I don't like doing business with this dealership options: 1. finance another vehicle 2. have the vehicle fixed and put it under warranty 3. turn vehicle in and have them charge me for renter car fees. My issue is they've had the car in their possession. They are the ones turning the engine light off, so they new it was a problem and still allow me to ride around with my young children in the car the GM is calling me harassing me to tell the finance company I'm satisfied so he can get paid. that i don't think is right. Now he saying I have to bring in more money because he don't have no cars available for the amount I put down. and he says he only has 2 cars available a 92 & 93 now the car I had first was a 2002. and I've notice the two he said i could get the price keeps inching up. I work 5 days a week i have a one and two year old that I need a car to get back and forth from daycare I'm not looking for anything free just of quality for my hard money the GM is fighting with the guy who sold it to me because they're so slow and they need the money. I have no problem with that but they have been very shadey and dishonest. I only have a work phone right now so e-mail is the best way to reach me do you have weekend appointments? Anything to advise me or help me would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You kindly for your time,

msiron

Do you know what a paragraph is?

I brought a used car from D & B Auto sales and the same day it broke down. so i have it towed back to the dealer and they say I abused the car and it needs a whole new engine then the GM says I'm not gonna send it through the warranty because it will cost you money when they see you abused the car then he says I need to bring him 1500 so his mechanic can start to fix the car.
Do you HAVE a manufactures warranty????????

I tell him I don't have that then he says its 1500 but since i'm such a nice guy i'll let you pay me 350.
VERY fishy!

so I says thats not right the finance company even tells me I shouldn't have to pay anything but I paid the 350 got the car back and the engine light came on. i bring it to the shop they plug the thing up under the dashboard to get the code that tells them what's wrong and turn the engine light off and says its fix.
Sounds like all they did was clear the code.

I get it inspected and the same day the engine light comes on the mechanic i took it to say it won't pass inspection with the light on I told him I know may I still get a full diagnostics done they do that and the car needs a whole new transmission rebuilt and other things they told me all the codes that the dealership has been disregarding.
So we've gone from engine to now transmission?

So here are the 3 options he gave me and I think I have the right to a full refund I don't like doing business with this dealership options: 1. finance another vehicle 2. have the vehicle fixed and put it under warranty 3. turn vehicle in and have them charge me for renter car fees. My issue is they've had the car in their possession. They are the ones turning the engine light off, so they new it was a problem and still allow me to ride around with my young children in the car the GM is calling me harassing me to tell the finance company I'm satisfied so he can get paid. that i don't think is right.
CALL you local GM and/or if Chevy 'ZONE rep' (look it up) Sounds like they saw you coming and are screwing you blue.

I have no problem with that but they have been very shadey and dishonest. I only have a work phone right now so e-mail is the best way to reach me do you have weekend appointments? Anything to advise me or help me would be greatly appreciated.
Who the hell is this dealer please, and if you PM your VIN I can run it though the GM system and see what has been done to this car under warranty.

MissK

Thank You All

I am currently in the process of taking the company to small claims court. My lawyer says I can sue for triple my lost. I will keep you posted. any other information would definitely help.
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

ErinGoBragh

Don't EVER post information like that on the internet!

Reported post because it contained VIN number, and a person's name and #.

ErinGoBragh

Well , three weeks later , I'd be interested to know what has transpired .
I should have quoted and removed the reported information from the post OP made earlier today.. maybe they will come back. There wasn't much that I recall, other than the VIN and personal info of the manager.. why OP would post that info to begin with, I am not sure.

msiron

She PM'd me the info and I told her her post lead me to think her car was a GM (general motors) product and it is in fact a Dodge, I can only access GM for that info. I advised her to contact the nearest Dodge Rep and open a claim. Let the rep deal with the shady dealer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">