• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Used Car Sales

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

U

USMIROHL

I live in the state of Michigan. I recently (Within the last 24hrs) purchased a used car. The car is functionally in great shape. And it was a good deal on the vehicle. My problem is more with my spotty credit and the salesman pushing a sale. I was pushed into a HIGH intrest rate sort of at the last second and felt as if I had been put on the spot. YES I AM A TROUT.

After I had signed all of the paperwork I then began to consider the full impact of the payments and how it would impact my life and family.

My question is: In the state of Michigan, is there a three day grace period or cooling off period to back out of the sale of a used vehicle?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

USMIROHL said:
I live in the state of Michigan. I recently (Within the last 24hrs) purchased a used car. The car is functionally in great shape. And it was a good deal on the vehicle. My problem is more with my spotty credit and the salesman pushing a sale. I was pushed into a HIGH intrest rate sort of at the last second and felt as if I had been put on the spot. YES I AM A TROUT.

After I had signed all of the paperwork I then began to consider the full impact of the payments and how it would impact my life and family.

My question is: In the state of Michigan, is there a three day grace period or cooling off period to back out of the sale of a used vehicle?

My response:

Sorry, but no. You're thinking of "Home Solicitation" contracts where, for example, an Encyclopedia or Vacuum Cleaner salesperson comes to your door and sells you a product. In those instances, you have a 3-day "cooling off" period.

Doesn't happen in car sales - - especially when *you* go to their business to buy a car. And, that's why there are no door-to-door car salespersons.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">