• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Used Car with expired state inspection stickers.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MarkP

I bought a used vehicle from a small used car dealer in Phila Pa. The inspection stickers were expired. They told me it would pass state inspection. Next day i found out that it will NOT pass state emissions without major exploratory work. (already spent $400+ just for the state inspection + repairs--and it still failed!!)

Isn't it illegal to sell a used car with expired inspection stickers in Pa? (the cost of the car was under $3000) can the deal be reversed?
(I did not sign anything)

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Yes it can be reversed because what they did was fraudulent. They lied to you about a material part of the car.

As a matter of fact, I think this argument could even survive the "as is" argument of buying a car.

You need to get the better business bureau on this one, to get not only all money you spent but also to prevent the dealership from doing this to others.

MarkP

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lawrat:
I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Yes it can be reversed because what they did was fraudulent. They lied to you about a material part of the car.

As a matter of fact, I think this argument could even survive the "as is" argument of buying a car.

You need to get the better business bureau on this one, to get not only all money you spent but also to prevent the dealership from doing this to others.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you very much.....but i am looking for a specific legal statute in the law that prohibits the sale of a vehicle with expired inspection stickers...or a statute closely related. if i knew the wording or at least the Pa. statute number, i then could go to my local law library and photocopy the section relating to that statute. do you or anyone know?

thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">