• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

used vehicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mona42516

bought a 2001 tahoe from private owner. have not even put 100 miles on vehicle and the transmission went out. Seller, after learning of this fact disclosed that he had transmission work done a couple years ago. Was not made aware of this fact previous to purchase.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
There really was no reason to disclose a repair from "a couple years ago". Did he tell you that he had the brakes done two years ago? The water pump? This is not a lemon, it's an old truck that you bought.

quincy

This thread is a duplicate and has been reported. See the other thread by Mona in the same section of the forum.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'm posting this on both threads because I don't know which one will end up staying up.

To be clear, had the transmission recently been giving the seller problems, and had you asked about it, or if he had said there were no troubles, then you might have a case. In this case, the repairs had been done quite some time ago and (I'd bet) the seller will say he's had no problems with the transmission since then.

quincy

mona, did you have your own mechanic inspect the vehicle prior to purchase?

Inspection of a used vehicle prior to purchase is important. The inspection can uncover defects that you can use to negotiate a lower price or that you can use as good reason to walk away from a purchase.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">