• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Using Gift Certificates in lieu of cash

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Protanus

I am starting a teen-focused website. I want to share revenue with the teens that volunteer to do editing on the site, but I don't want to get stuck filing 1099 forms for all of them (there may be up to 100 that volunteer). I incorporated my other website and I am running this website under this s-corportation. My question is can I reward the teen volunteers with gift certificates to RocketCash and avoid having to deal with any tax issues that might come up if I was rewarding them with shares of revenue?

L

loku

Teen workers

I would suggest you go to a tax lawyer or CPA to discuss this with. Frankly, this is not the kind of thing that should be discussed in an open forum.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">