• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Using my nane

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Roger34

Can someone pretend to be in court. I'm planning on not going to court so I can have a tro dropped can my sister show up and act like she is me to have it turned into a ro. At my first court date they sisnt ask for ID . She wants me to do a ro but I dont want to any longer.

Just Blue

Can someone pretend to be in court. I'm planning on not going to court so I can have a tro dropped can my sister show up and act like she is me to have it turned into a ro. At my first court date they sisnt ask for ID . She wants me to do a ro but I dont want to any longer.
Why was a TRO issued in the first place? Was it regarding DV?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
How do you think she would get away with that? Are you two twins? Or just ignorant and think the person against whom you filed the TRO won't notice it is not you?

Roger34

The person has not been served and does not know about the court date so he wont be there . I went to the first court date and was just issues another hate for the same reason they were not served .

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Which does not change the answer. You still can't have your sister go in your place.

Roger34

I was issued another court date when I went to the first one. Since the other party was not served they dont know about the second court date. I want the tro dropped so I'm not going to attend the second court date. Can my sister then act like she is me and try to have a permanent order issued. She will show up to make sure I go through with it. But I plan not to show up myself.

Just Blue

I was issued another court date when I went to the first one. Since the other party was not served they dont know about the second court date. I want the tro dropped so I'm not going to attend the second court date. Can my sister then act like she is me and try to have a permanent order issued. She will show up to make sure I go through with it. But I plan not to show up myself.
Is there a DV situation ...was that the reason for the TRO?

justalayman

If the other party hasn’t been served then no it won’t be converted to a permanent ro. Due process requires the respondent be allowed the right to defend themselves.

At best (for your sister) the tro would be continued

But does sister think somebody in the court won’t realize it isn’t the same person? Is she willing to risk going to jail to do this?

If discovered while in the court, she may just not be leaving that day.

Just Blue

If the other party hasn’t been served then no it won’t be converted to a permanent ro. Due process requires the respondent be allowed the right to defend themselves.

At best (for your sister) the tro would be continued

But does sister think somebody in the court won’t realize it isn’t the same person? Is she willing to risk going to jail to do this?

If discovered while in the court, she may just not be leaving that day.
Sis is likely scared to death that OP will end up dead and is willing to do anything, even something so stupid, to keep the abuser away from OP.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Is your sister's name Roger?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">