• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Using wrong insurace

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Strrretch

My Mom-in-law mistakenly had been using what was her secondary insurace as her primary and now the secondary company wants to be refunded (near 100K) for all the claims filed over the past 4 years.

My father in law had retired from the Army and Mom continued to use that insurance as the primary. She herself had taken a job with Kroger and for whatever reason did not realize that the insurance company being billed for services should have been considered as her secondary provider. Her actual primary insurace has told them, as I understand it, that they will accept claims back to 2002 but not all the original claims even though they were her primary insurance the entire time.

They have not consulted an attorney about any of this and are relying on the insurance providers to be truthful in that they just have to pay.

They are both very trusting and honest people and certainly were not attempting to mislead anyone. I know this is irrelevent in terms of the legitimacy of the claims but I just thought it should be noted.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">