• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

USPTO processing time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

iassaf

I've filed a provisional patent in Nov 2007 then a PCT based on that. In May 2010, I have entered the National Phase of the PCT with the USPTO. My question is:

Will my application be sequenced based on the National Phase entry date (May 2010) or based on the priority date (Nov 2007)?

Thank You,

Imad

iassaf

Thanks.

- To confirm, my patent application will jump the queue an take a turn as if I filed the non provisional in 2007. Correct?

- What do you mean by "will most likely get a year or so extension on the final date"? what final date?

Regards,

Imad

divgradcurl

Thanks.

- To confirm, my patent application will jump the queue an take a turn as if I filed the non provisional in 2007. Correct?
Essentially, yes.

- What do you mean by "will most likely get a year or so extension on the final date"? what final date?

Regards,

Imad
You may be entitled to an extension to the length of your patent term under 35 USC 154(b).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">