• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Utah

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tinabina

My lease expired June 1, 2020 now on month to month. Served a 3 day pay or vacate. Do I have 3 days or 15 to vacate?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
This is not Time Warner. Operators are not standing by 24/7 to answer your call. This is a volunteer forum where people jump on and off as time permits. All of them have other jobs and families and lives and responsibilities, and it is Sunday morning. When someone who is familiar with Utah landlord-tenant law comes on they will answer your question. Otherwise, please note that it often takes longer than 3 minutes to get an answer.

FlyingRon

You have three choices really:

Pay the money owed within three days, in which case your the month-to-month tenancy is restored.
Move within three days.
Be subject to the unlawful detainer suit which will eventually result in an eviction.

zddoodah

My lease expired June 1, 2020 now on month to month. Served a 3 day pay or vacate. Do I have 3 days or 15 to vacate?
Let's put it this way: if you neither pay nor vacate within 3 days, your landlord may file an eviction lawsuit.***

*** - Many (maybe even most or all) states have put moratoriums on residential evictions because of COVID. If you are not inclined to pay or move within the three day time period, you might want to google something like "utah eviction moratorium COVID."

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">