• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



Massachusetts: my roommate owes me almost $700 for utilities that i paid while she was hard up for cash. Do i have any legal recourse to get her to pay? We had a verbal agreement to pay half of the utilities, the lease says that the utilities are the responsibility of the tenant(s). What can i do?



You have to sue her in small claims court and bring your reciepts and tell it to a judge.

Show the rent reciepts, and all the utilities bills she didnt pay for .

Also you will learn a VERY EXPENSIVE lesson from this:

WOMEN who are not responsible with money..... YOU either kick them out FAST!!!...or get some sex from them, at least you wont feel so bad!

[Edited by dj1 on 06-04-2001 at 06:28 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential