• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

UTV defective after 3days

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rrkk

I just bought a brand new utv have owned it for 3 day. Something is majorly wrong with the shifting and gears. I can’t find anything in my purchase agreement about returning it. I’m in Wisconsin and would like to return it for a new one. Are there any laws about returning a purchase under 30 days? What are my rights as a consumer?

Just Blue

I just bought a brand new utv have owned it for 3 day. Something is majorly wrong with the shifting and gears. I can’t find anything in my purchase agreement about returning it. I’m in Wisconsin and would like to return it for a new one. Are there any laws about returning a purchase under 30 days? What are my rights as a consumer?
What is the return policy of the store where you bought it?

Rrkk

Not sure! I can’t find anything in the paperwork about a policy. It’s Sunday and I’m going to call tomorrow and talk to them. It has a warranty but I’m wondering my rights to return it as it’s brand new and has a major issue already.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Not sure! I can’t find anything in the paperwork about a policy. It’s Sunday and I’m going to call tomorrow and talk to them. It has a warranty but I’m wondering my rights to return it as it’s brand new and has a major issue already.
You almost definitely have no such right. You're not finding anything about a policy because there is no such policy. Read and abide by the terms of your warranty contract (yes, contract).

It's unlikely they will give you a new one, but the warranty should cover repairing your UTV if the fault is due to a manufacturing defect.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">