• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

vacate premises

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Dedell Deedee

Me and my husband and my 6yrs.old child live in Accord N.Y. for 3 yrs. and now i'm 8 months pregnant.
We receive the note from landlord(not notarized)that there are structural problems with the house we live in.
The house needs to be vacant for them to fix the repairs.
So he gave us 30 days notice.
I would like to know why they waited so long to tell me if it is that bad and why I'm paying rent for unstable home.
My landlord knows that my baby is due in 30 days.
Also another part to the story is that the man who works for my landlord is my neighbor,he writes all the notes to tenants and for some reason he does'nt like us due to the friction between his children and my child, also when I first moved here he was making sexual comments to me such as "I'm fixed you don't need to worry" and when he knocked on my door for something i told him I'm going in the shower he said "Do you need any help" all that happened while my husband was at work and I was'nt interseted in his comments so he did'nt like me.
His Children (13yrs.old and 10 yrs.old)constantly picking and teasing my 6yrs.old child telling him he can't play here
when we live here they think because of their father is working for my landlord they think they own the whole town.
The 13yrs.old picked up my child and threw him on the ground.
We try to tell the parents and their response was that's just interaction and they did'nt do anything about it.
So next time it happened again my husband told his child to leave my son alone and that was what started the whole thing because his child said that my husband threatened him which is not true I have witnesess when that happen his parents was not arround when that happened.
So after that we got that note.
I feel that is a personal matter and I like to know what legallye can be done in that kind of matter.
Also I'm very stressed out by the whole thing and I don't need that when I'm pregnant.
Please help me.
Sincerely yours,
Dedelldeedee

D

dj1

I guess I am always astounded by peoples stupidity,

HOW can you NOT have a lease when you have kids to protect?

And how about signing a 2 year lease before you get pregnant?

I dunno that sounds like common sense to me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">