• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vacatioin Pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lastname

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I am writing this in hopes of resolving a problem that I have with my previous employer.

First thing, In June of this year, our new owner decided to close down my business unit. I worked for the company three years and was very confused by this statement.

After the previous owner, with whom still worked there, talked to the new owner, they agreed to pay for my medical and dental insurance for two months. My husband and myself visited the dentist during that time frame. After having visited that dentist, I received a call from the dental office informing me that the dental company stated that my husband and I were not covered and that they were not paying our dental bills. Our dental bills should have been covered 100%.

Since this situation happened, my husband and I were unable to get the rest of our dental work done because now we had an outstanding bill with the dental office. I contacted my past employer regarding this and said that they would work to fix this situation. It is now the middle part of August and it still isnt fixed. My coverage ended on July 31, 2002.

I was wondering if there is anything I can do to get the other work done that I was unable to get done, if this situation had not occurred? I have emails from my past employer stating that they agreed to this coverage up until July 30, 2002.

I am also wanting to know how I would obtain my right to receive my accrued but unused vacation time for this year. I was awarded two weeks of vacation this January and generally take my vacations in the summer when my son is out of school. But since this happened early June, I was unable to use my accrued vacation. Could anyone please help me???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">