• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vacation Benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MtLo215

State: Pennsylvania
Last year I put in for my final week of vacation around my anniversary date. Now after that date my time would reset and any remaining time would be lost. As my vacation approached my boss asked me if I could move my time because he was having trouble finding someone to fill in. I agreed but remaining him that I would not be able to move it again since I was placing my remaining days up against my anniversary date. Days before my vacation I was asked again if I could move it to a later week because once again he was not going to be able to cover my route. I told I could not move it because I needed to use the time before the fallowing week. He then a shored me that if I did him this favor that he would then pull some strings and make sure that my vacation, although used after my date would count against my remaining time and not the new time I was set to receive in the coming week.
After my vacation was over I looked at my vacation time and noticed that the time I used was being deducted from the current time i was just given. I asked my boss about this and he insisted that he would take care of it. I continued to bring this up over the fallowing months asking him to fix this information but he responded each time by telling me not to worry about it. A few weeks ago he took a medical leave, leaving the 2 guy in charge. Now this 2 guy was every bit apart of this vacation issue, and remembered every detail about what happened. He promised me that he would look into this issue and discuss the details with the regional manager.
He has now told me that there is nothing that can be done about that time and although he knows that I was promised he said that time is now lost. I help these guys out twice and because of that I am being told that I am losing a weeks pay. I would like to know if I have any options here to recoup that money.

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There is a reason why we ask for your state. Since you did not include it as requested, we cannot answer your question.

MtLo215

Vacation Time

State: Pennsylvania
Last year I put in for my final week of vacation around my anniversary date. Now after that date my time would reset and any remaining time would be lost. As my vacation approached my boss asked me if I could move my time because he was having trouble finding someone to fill in. I agreed but remaining him that I would not be able to move it again since I was placing my remaining days up against my anniversary date. Days before my vacation I was asked again if I could move it to a later week because once again he was not going to be able to cover my route. I told I could not move it because I needed to use the time before the fallowing week. He then a shored me that if I did him this favor that he would then pull some strings and make sure that my vacation, although used after my date would count against my remaining time and not the new time I was set to receive in the coming week.
After my vacation was over I looked at my vacation time and noticed that the time I used was being deducted from the current time i was just given. I asked my boss about this and he insisted that he would take care of it. I continued to bring this up over the fallowing months asking him to fix this information but he responded each time by telling me not to worry about it. A few weeks ago he took a medical leave, leaving the 2 guy in charge. Now this 2 guy was every bit apart of this vacation issue, and remembered every detail about what happened. He promised me that he would look into this issue and discuss the details with the regional manager.
He has now told me that there is nothing that can be done about that time and although he knows that I was promised he said that time is now lost. I help these guys out twice and because of that I am being told that I am losing a weeks pay. I would like to know if I have any options here to recoup that money.

ecmst12

You didn't need to repost the whole question, just the state would have been fine. But in PA, I think you may be out of luck. Very few states have laws concerning the sanctity of vacation time and PA ain't one of them.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There is no law in any state requiring paid (or even unpaid) vacation.

PA law does not require the unconditional payout of unused vacation at termination. PA only requires that an employer follow their policy, whatever it may be.

ddt

Very similar situation

Florida
Im leaving at the end of the month and have been asked to put my vacation on hold twice because a number of the employees have quit. I talked to our manager stating that i wanted to use it before i left and was told that if i didn't go on it they would just add it onto my last check. I have email correspondence proving this i just want to make sure i won't get screwed over when im gone.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">