• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

vacation hours not paid out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Terah

What is the name of your state? Utah

Hello, Thank you for your assistance. In July I quit my job of 4 years to pursue a new career. I had 80 hours of unused accumulated vacation time. The last pay check I recieved was July 26th, this did not include the accumulated vacation hours. This company gives paychecks weekly. I contacted HR a week ago and they said this just takes time. Is there a law as to how quickly the vacation hours need to be paid out?

Betty

My understanding is that under Utah law accumulated vacation time only needs to be pd. out at termination if it's in the employer's contract or it's a co. policy. I don't know why they wouldn't have pd. it with your final pay check. If it is required in your case, maybe pattytx will know how long they have to pay it out. If it is required & you don't get it, you can probably contact the Hr. & Wage div. of the Dept. of Labor.

pattytx

If the vacation is due as wages (as Betty described), then it would be due with final paycheck which is due under law on the regularly schedule payday.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">