• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

vacation not paid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tbell

What is the name of your state? Mississippi

i had a vacation scheduled and approved december 19-23. My grandmother passed away 12/11 (sunday). I contacted my supervisor and he approved for me to switch my vacation to the week of 12/12-12/16. On the afternoon of the 16th i contacted my spervisor and explained that i had a job offer i couldn't refuse. i asked to take my 2nd week of vacation 12/19 - 12/23 and work a one week notice the week after. he told me not to worry about the notice and that i would still be paid for the week of 12/12-12/16 since i was employed up until the 16th. The company now refuses to pay me for that week of vacation. is there anything i can do?

Last edited:

pattytx

The only thing I can suggest is that you take your query to Human Resources, and tell them that your supervisor/manager approved your vacation and see what they say. It MAY be possible that your manager told you something that was contrary to company policy. You have no legal recourse with the Dept. of Labor, however, since Mississippi state wage and hour laws do not regulate vacation and vacation policies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">