• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vacation Pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

explorerfl

What is the name of your state? Florida is my State

I was just laid off and given a severance package. I'm being asked to sign a No-Sue Covenant in return for the package of 6 months pay plus some other benefits. I was notified 10/1/04 that I would be terminated on 10/31/04 and had 30 days to find another job in the company or be gone. I'm gone.

Thirty days prior to that, my job position was re-evaluated and lowered in scale. I received a 10% pay cut because of the new pay range for that band. The pay cut was to take effect 10/1/04. On that day I was given notice that I was being laid off.

The severance pay is being based on my pay as of 10/1/04. What is more irritating is that I have accrued 14 vacation days this year. I am being paid for those days at the new scale rather than the pay scale for the months in which they were earned.

My question is, is this legal? What agency can I file a complaint?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Under no agency can you file a complaint. What they are doing is legal.

Neither Federal nor Florida law requires them to pay out your vacation time AT ALL. They may legally pay it out at any rate they choose.

Sorry, I agree with you that it's not right, but it IS legal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">