• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vacation Pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rjw999

What is the name of your state? CA
I have recently left my job for another, I notified them on a Friday that it would be my last day, cause I was starting my new job the following Monday.
How long should it be before I get my last paycheck?
And should I expect my remaining vacations days on that paycheck, or seperately, or even at all?
Thank you

pattytx

In California, if you quit with less than 72 hours' notice, the employer has 72 hours to get you your final check, which must include the balance of your accrued vacation through termination date. It is kind of cloudy whether this means 3 calendar days, or 3 business days. Even if it were 3 business days, with the weekend and holiday (assuming you meant just this last Friday) they should have put it in the mail no later than today, which would meet the "business days" requirement.

Have you called them? What do they say?

rjw999

Thank you

Thank you for the input, cause I was being told that I had to wait until the following week for the normal payroll cycle.
So now I need to follow up.

pattytx

Yes you do. Waiting for the next payroll cycle is definitely a violation of California law, based on your termination date. Or just file a claim for unpaid wages and accrued vacation with the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">