• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

vacation pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

meat

What is the name of your state? New york
I have been suspened from work due to a security issue i have sick time which is accrued by hours worked and vacation time by longevity during this suspension was my anniversary date which i would get another 6 weeks time i have found another job and may accept it i am entitled to this vacation time?
thank you for your support

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No, you are not entitled to time that you would have received if you had stayed with the former employer.

meat

vacation time

I am currently still employed with that firm when i get my issue clear with the firm and go back to work then am i entitled to that time ??

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
That depends entirely on how the company accrues time. Very few have an accrual process that will entitle you to the entire six weeks right off. It's far more likely that you will only be entitled to a small portion of it, if any at all.

In your state, how much, if any, vacation time is due you at termination depends on how your company's policy is written. It's not guaranteed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">