• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vacation Pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cupcakes2

What is the name of your state? West Virginia

I have a contract through a union, I earned 5 weeks paid vacation from the year before, I've already taken 1 in April 2008, that leaves 4 weeks, I was fired in May 2008 with 21 years of service, are they obligated to pay me those vacation days if I earned them from last year?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
According to my source, accrued but unused vacation time must be paid out at termination.

However, I see nothing in the WV law that says last year's time MUST be carried over into this year.

Betty?

(Please note that your contract may have differing requirements and if so, we have no way of knowing what they are.)

cupcakes2

I earned those 5 weeks in 2007 we can't take them until January-December 2008. You can't earn vacation until 1 year after employment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">