• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vacation Payout - Rate?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

al91206

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Hi,

I was recently let go from my position. My question is my rate of pay depended on what job I was doing - there were 3.

1. Server - 8.25 an hour
2. Food Runner Lead - 11.00 an hour
3. Server Breaker - 15.00 an hour

I did # 2 and 3 around twice weekly - and my question is they paid my vacation hours all at the #1 rate. Is there anything that I can do about it?

Thanks,

Al in SoCal

al91206

Yes - that's right the majority of the time I was at the #1 rate. I'm guessing they have a team of lawyers ensuring that everything is legal. I'm just wondering though.

pattytx

My understanding is that this handling would be correct. The law states that vacation paid at termination must be at the "current rate of pay". That would be your primary job; it is really irrelevant to this discussion that you sometimes work at tasks which pay a higher rate. You still have a "main" job and a rate that goes with that work.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">