• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vacation plans

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Boaterguy

State is pa

I had plans set up with my kids for a trip to Florida. And then home for a day to see Their mom. Then finish out our vacation in Maine for a week. This was already discussed between me and my ex. Since April. Now a week before it is all taking place. She is saying no to Maine. I have a week to get this resolved. She is citing bogus safety concerns. I filed an emergency modification of child custody. In our divorce agreement is says 50/50 custody. And mutually agreed on vacations.
I guess to add she and her Now husband have taken the kids on vacation this year. And I have given up my days for them to do so.

Any tips, suggestions. Thanks

LdiJ

State is pa

I had plans set up with my kids for a trip to Florida. And then home for a day to see Their mom. Then finish out our vacation in Maine for a week. This was already discussed between me and my ex. Since April. Now a week before it is all taking place. She is saying no to Maine. I have a week to get this resolved. She is citing bogus safety concerns. I filed an emergency modification of child custody. In our divorce agreement is says 50/50 custody. And mutually agreed on vacations.
I guess to add she and her Now husband have taken the kids on vacation this year. And I have given up my days for them to do so.

Any tips, suggestions. Thanks
Define these "bogus safety concerns".

Boaterguy

She says I don’t watch them. More with a 4 wheeler they ride at my house. They always wear a helmet. And pant. And shoes. She claims they do not. She says the kids told her they don’t. They always wear when riding. The only time I can think of they did not. Was moving it maybe twenty feet in to the garage.

Just Blue

She says I don’t watch them. More with a 4 wheeler they ride at my house. They always wear a helmet. And pant. And shoes. She claims they do not. She says the kids told her they don’t. They always wear when riding. The only time I can think of they did not. Was moving it maybe twenty feet in to the garage.
How old are the children?

LdiJ

What does any of that have to do with Maine?

Boaterguy

What does any of that have to do with Maine?
I guess. She is citing safety concerns that is the reason she is now saying no to me bringing the kids to Maine. None of this has gone to court yet. This is just when I tried discussing with her.

LdiJ

I guess. She is citing safety concerns that is the reason she is now saying no to me bringing the kids to Maine. None of this has gone to court yet. This is just when I tried discussing with her.
Well, tell her that she needs to be more specific about what is dangerous for the children in Maine...because if she cannot explain it properly to you, she won't be able to explain it properly to a judge when you file to have her held in contempt.

Boaterguy

That’s what I am hoping. I don’t really think she has a leg to stand on. My issue is we leave in a week. And I filed the emergency yesterday. So just trying to get all my ducks in a row. And anything that could be helpful. In the hopes. I get a court date before then.

Boaterguy

Well, tell her that she needs to be more specific about what is dangerous for the children in Maine...because if she cannot explain it properly to you, she won't be able to explain it properly to a judge when you file to have her held in contempt.[/QUOTE

If I try speaking to her about it. She claims I am harassing her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">