• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

vacation question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

milesok

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wi

Have sole legal custody of 15 yr old daughter ,father has every other weekend visiting
father sees child when he chooses last contact was in July 2008. We are going on vacation
for a week first part of jan (out of state). He lives with his girlfriend but now, she has put a Harassment Restraining Order on him. This has happened before where, they were apart for 6 months. He has no address or contact number that i can reach him at. So do i have to contact him to left him know his daughter we will be gone for that week? The reason i know about the Restraining Order is, i looked on our free access site for court records. Also i just received another contempt order for non- child support jan26 hearing(another long story) So if we are just going on vacation by law do i still have to notify him?
thanks

Humusluvr

Have sole legal custody of 15 yr old daughter ,father has every other weekend visiting
father sees child when he chooses last contact was in July 2008. We are going on vacation
for a week first part of jan (out of state). He lives with his girlfriend but now, she has put a Harassment Restraining Order on him. This has happened before where, they were apart for 6 months. He has no address or contact number that i can reach him at. So do i have to contact him to left him know his daughter we will be gone for that week? The reason i know about the Restraining Order is, i looked on our free access site for court records. Also i just received another contempt order for non- child support jan26 hearing(another long story) So if we are just going on vacation by law do i still have to notify him?
thanks
Send a letter, return-receipt requested to the address on the court order.

Why are you worried about this? Is the vacation during his parenting time? If yes, I suggest you reschedule as a CYA.

LdiJ

thanks
Honestly?...I wouldn't worry about it. The worst that can happen is that he actually attempts to contact you/your daughter during that week and then actually makes a legal stink about it if he cannot.

If that happens your defense is that you haven't heard from him since July 08, and had no address or contact number for him.

If you have a cell phone number and he has it...that's even better. If your are in contact with his parents, and they have your cell phone number...again, helpful.

However if that week happens to be his official court ordered time with her...and he contacts you even 1 day in advance, its different.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">