• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vacation Time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

midsouthmedic

What is the name of your state? ARKANSAS

My employer is refusing vacation to some employees and then letting others take theirs. They refused to authorize a vacation for one of our employees who was getting married, but authorized it for one who wanted to go hunting. I have my vacation coming up and they are sitting on my vacation request which I turned in a month ago.

Is it legal to do this? It seems like discrimination to me.

Thanks

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Unless they are choosing who to approve and who not to approve on the basis of the employee's race, gender, or other protected characteristic, it is entirely legal. No employer is obligated to approve a vacation request unless a bona fide contract gives the employee unlimited right to decide when to take it (which would be quite unusual).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">