• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vacation visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Adira89

I have an established case in california. I have sole custody. Respondent has visitations 1st, 3rd, and 5th weekend visits per month. During the summer he is able to have 2 nonconsecutive weeks of summer vacation. He needs to notify me no later than the end of May. This year he requested the week that lands between a 5th and 1st weekend. Resulting in 9 days instead of the 7 he should be getting. Is he able to have more than the 7 days?

justalayman

Yes, it is possible. I have to presume the parenting order does nothing to address the issue

Would this somehow be a problem or is it as simple as you are upset he would have the children for 9 days?

Adira89

You are correct. It says nothing about it. I'm not upset but i have learned that if I dont follow the order exactly the respondent takes advantage and gives his own interpretation and does as he pleases without my consent which in return, leads to another court hearing. I'm trying to avoid it as the childeren went through alot the last time. With that being said, should i comply or deny the request?

justalayman

Unless you really have a reason to refuse it, I would suggest letting them go

You do realize he is actually losing two days rather than gaining 2, right?

He loses the Sunday at the start of this period and loses the Saturday at the end of the week. So rather than seeing it as having 9 days instead of 7, he is actually getting 9 days rather than 11.

Adira89

I don't understand the last bit about the 11 not 9. They would leave Friday at 6 and would return the following weekend Sunday at 6. Would you mind elaborating?

t74

Given the relatively small amount of visitation he has, why are you complaining? It certainly isn't worth going to court over. If anything, HE should be going to court for MORE parenting time.

Adira89

T74.. You are clearly misinterpreteing the situation and must be bias. You know nothing other than what I have asked. I'm was not complaining I simply asked a question that i wanted feed back on which I got with the first member. Non the less thank you for your time and response.

LdiJ

You are correct. It says nothing about it. I'm not upset but i have learned that if I dont follow the order exactly the respondent takes advantage and gives his own interpretation and does as he pleases without my consent which in return, leads to another court hearing. I'm trying to avoid it as the childeren went through alot the last time. With that being said, should i comply or deny the request?
Since he has the 5th weekend and the 1st weekend you really should comply. He is doing nothing contrary to the orders. You would have a gripe if he was trying to take one of your weekends to make 9 days, but he is not doing that.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Well..... if he normally has the flanking weekends, he's really only getting the five days in between as ordered vacation time. He's doing nothing wrong by leveraging his existing time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">