• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vacation vs Sick Time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

?inCO

What is the name of your state? CO

In 2005 I had some health issues related to my asthma in which I used up 6 days of sick time and 10 days of vacation. I was out an additional 5 days beyond this. My employer assigned my vacation days to the sick time, which I am ok with and without any prompting from me paid for the additional days I was out as well. Now I just received an email stating that they want me to pay back 3 vacation days this year towards the additional time they paid me for last year. Beyond them showing once again why I want to find a job elsewhere, is this legal even though I did not asked to be paid the additional time last year?

Beth3

Yes. They extended paid vacation to you in advance of your earning it and it certainly doesn't appear you had any objections at the time to their doing so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">