• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Valid Will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chas0506

My father's initials CKB were written on his will by his daughter (my sister) after the will had been signed and witnessed

chas0506

I am confused why he would not do this himself. The initials are next to his signature on the second page of his will.

quincy

I am confused why he would not do this himself. The initials are next to his signature on the second page of his will.
If the initials are next to his real signature, they should not affect the validity of the will.

Why has this become an issue?

chas0506

I would appreciate if I can add some detail. My sister had attempted to process the confirmation document (Probate) without £60,000 of savings within the estate but I confronted her with a copy of this document and she admitted the money existed and it was then added to the estate. She will not disclose any of my father's estate and I am now extremely suspicious as to her motives. I have also discovered she has written my fathers initials on his will. This just adds to the manipulative way she is acting. She will not discuss the situation.

quincy

I would appreciate if I can add some detail. My sister had attempted to process the confirmation document (Probate) without £60,000 of savings within the estate but I confronted her with a copy of this document and she admitted the money existed and it was then added to the estate. She will not disclose any of my father's estate and I am now extremely suspicious as to her motives. I have also discovered she has written my fathers initials on his will. This just adds to the manipulative way she is acting. She will not discuss the situation.
Ah. You are not in the US. FreeAdvice is a US law forum. You will want to seek advice from a solicitor in your country.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">