• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Validation question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shadow01

What is the name of your state? PA

Another question about this CA that I've been dealing with. The debt is outside of the SOL and I need to send a validation letter to them. They called me today and I told them they needed to validate the debt. She said she didn't know what I meant and that I didn't know what I was talking about. I told her I wanted something from them proving that this debt is mine, that they will be receiving a validation demand letter soon and they will need to show something with my signature on it.

She said they don't have to comply and I'll need to get this information from the OC since I signed the application with them and they have all the documentation(the OC), not the CA. Is this true? I think not. I told her I still needed proof. How can they try to collect on a debt not knowing for sure if it is mine. This debt has been sold numerous times and is now outside SOL. It's just outside SOL and I want to stall them for a bit longer just to be safe.

She hung up on me btw.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

bigun

Quit talking on the phone and start writing letters. Send a letter demanding validation and send it CRRR. When the green card is returned, dispute the debt with the CRA's. They must mark the tradline as in dispute. If they verify with the CRA prior to validating to you, you've an FCRA violation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">