• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vandalism Gone bad.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scrippslax

San Diego, CA

I recently tp'd and egged someones house with 4 friends, All was resolved and we cleaned up everything. The next door neihbor however 4 days later now says that her window and light were broken, she is blaiming us and gives us 24 hours wo pay for it before she presses charges... However we did not do it, i am 100% positive of that. I recently turned 18 am now aware of how much trouble i can get into for this, my father says i should just pay for it and not worry about it. But this is just what she wants. Obviously someone else did it and she doesnt know who it was. What is wrong with our legal system if she can do this to us?

Last edited:

HomeGuru

scrippslax said:
San Diego, CA

I recently tp'd and egged someones house with 4 friends, All was resolved and we cleaned up everything. The next door neihbor however 4 das later now says that her window ans light were broken, she is blaiming us and gives us 24 hours wo pay for it before she presses charges... However we did not do it, i am 100% positive of that. I recently turned 18 am now aware of how much trouble i can get into for this, my father says i should just pay for it and not worry about it. But this is just what she wants. Obviously someone else did it and she doesnt know who it was. What is wrong with our legal system if she can do this to us?

**A: thanks for your heartwarming post. There is nothing wrong with the legal system. Refuse to pay and let her call the cops. Have you heard the terms guilt by association and preponderance of the evidence?

Veronica1228

scrippslax said:
San Diego, CA

I recently tp'd and egged someones house with 4 friends, All was resolved and we cleaned up everything. The next door neihbor however 4 das later now says that her window ans light were broken, she is blaiming us and gives us 24 hours wo pay for it before she presses charges... However we did not do it, i am 100% positive of that. I recently turned 18 am now aware of how much trouble i can get into for this, my father says i should just pay for it and not worry about it. But this is just what she wants. Obviously someone else did it and she doesnt know who it was. What is wrong with our legal system if she can do this to us?
I think she should just go ahead and file a police report on you and your friends. YOU vadalized her house and now YOU are asking what's wrong with our legal system? Gimme a break! :rolleyes:

scrippslax

HomeGuru said:
**A: thanks for your heartwarming post. There is nothing wrong with the legal system. Refuse to pay and let her call the cops. Have you heard the terms guilt by association and preponderance of the evidence?
no, please explain more.

scrippslax

Veronica1228 said:
I think she should just go ahead and file a police report on you and your friends. YOU vadalized her house and now YOU are asking what's wrong with our legal system? Gimme a break! :rolleyes:
I know we are responsible for the first house. But that was resolved. The neihbor however is blaming us for her house whiched happend within 4 days after what happened with house#1. We DID not do it. She is taking advantage of the fact that we were there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">