• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Various Motions Advice : Ping LdiJ

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? Michigan

Hello all,

My daughter's mother had filed an Ex Parte Motion for Custody based on various factors.

The court would not allow the motion to be handled Ex Parte (or emergency) and so our case is set for conciliation on August 31 2005.

The first thing I need to know is how I would go about requesting a postponement of the conciliation for just a week or 2. My ex's filing is about a ream and a half of paper thick and much of it is one sided and there are court documents missing that I need to track down etc... So I need a little more time to prepare a response.

The second thing I need to do is find out how I can introduce her debt. She has over $65,000.00 in defaulted student loans and is 84 weeks behind on her Child Support (even though she is only ordered to pay $10.00 per week) and yet she is questioning my ability to provide for my daughter because I am currently unemployed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

P.S. Ping: LdiJ Sorry I did not respond to your answer to my last post. This thing is moving so fast that I have had no time to think. Thank You though. When I get a chance I will post some more details about the alleged Dom Violence.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential