• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

VC 22350 listed as a Misdemeanor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

davisr197

I am new to this forum and thus if I am posting incorrectly please let me know the correct process.

Now onto my story, I recently had a Live Scan done and as a result of the report I have a misdemeanor on the report. I had to have the case retrieved from the archives of Kern County Courthouse, CA (Bakersfield) so I could be refreshed on the incident. In looking at the case, it states I plead NOLO to VC 22350, Unsafe Speed, but it was charged as a misdemeanor. After seeing this, I did a google search of the Vehicle Code and could not find this code as a misdemeanor but only as an infraction.

Now my question is this incorrect or is it possible the VC 22350 can be charged as a misdemeanor? Also, if this an incorrect charge, how do I go about changing it to an infraction with the courthouse so it doesnt appear on my Live Scan report?

Thanks for you help.

Last edited:

FlyingRon

22350 should not be a misdemeanor. Most likely an error in the livescan report (or you're misinterpretting it). Frankly, I've not seen people get worked up over traffic offenses even when they are misdemeanors.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">