• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

VC 38300 Point? (California)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bokaba

What is the name of your state? CA

Is VC 38300 (disobeying a posted sign) a moving violation that puts a point on your license or not? It looks like many legal websites claim that it is and many lawyers on other sites seem to disagree. Per the Uniform Bail and Penalty Schedule, 38300 does not carry a point (p. 53). Can anyone confirm?

https://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/SP20-08.pdf

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
That's a proposal for 2021. Has it been adopted?
I don't think it matters. The document highlights those parts of the penalty and bail schedules that would change under the proposal. It does not indicate any changes for VC § 38300. Thus, it appears that a conviction for a violation of that section in 2020 would result in zero points that would remain unchanged for 2021. Other sources I checked also indicate zero points for this violation.

FlyingRon

Concur. 2021 bail schedule still lists it as zero points and a $35 base fine which ends up being $238 by the time you add all the various charges to it. I believe that the normal schedule of things holds this one until the end of 2022.

FlyingRon

The MOST current is 2021, 2019 would probably be the most relevant one for an offense in 2020 however.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">